We are all thinking about survival these days. We have made plans, built our bug out bags and prepared the best we can. One thing that people forget about when preparing is the every day things you might need to have with you.
Here is a list of things I think are pretty important to have in an emergency situation.
1. Prescription Medicine, if you can, have your doctor write you a script for extra medicine.
2. Don’t forget about your pets or other animals. If you are taking your pets with you, bring food and water for them also. If you have livestock that you must leave make sure to have a way to get them food and water. Either get a bigger water trough or put out more food for them.
3. If you have a baby, does it have special needs, do you have formula and diapers extra ready to go.
4. You might want to think about personal feminine hygiene supplies
5. Bring a paper and pen so you can write phone numbers or notes down for information.
6. Bring a sleeping bag for each person, if you live in a climate that is cold you need to consider your needs. If you live where it is warm maybe just a blanket will work. Look at your own situation and decide on what you will need.
7. If you have children bring some games or puzzles to keep their minds off of the situation. A little entertainment really goes a long ways. You know your children best, so decide what they would need.
8. Some kind of utensils or paper plates will come in handy.
9. My personal favorite bring some toilet paper. If things are bad, public restrooms will not have any of that kind of thing.
10. Matches in a water proof container, or some way to start a fire.
These are just a few things to think about that wouldn’t normally be thought about to put in your emergency kit. The better prepared you are, the easier the emergency will be for you and your family.
Written By Barbara Conover
Get your Survival Supplies here